Saturday, November 7, 2015

Meps

First lesson in "Hurry up and Wait!!!"  (The unofficial motto of the Army).  Meps is the medical assessment portion of the application.  I first went to Meps at Ft. Jackson, as I was walking with my recruiter to the facility 2 tour buses of newly enlisted soldiers pulled up with about 150+ recent high school graduates to go through the Meps process with me  (AHHHHHHHHHHH  is the first thing that goes through my mind)....  and it was....  Vision, Hearing, Urine tests, Blood draws, Muscular coordination tests, Health history screening, even a pregnancy test (I was told this is normal procedure for all females...) and to top it off an abbreviated gyno exam.....  it was a VERY long day.... in the end I had a short chat with the head physician to go over everything and since I passed (pending blood test results)  my file was sent on to my recruiter to add to my growing application packet.

The day went from about 5am till 6pm, home was a welcome sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment