Monday, December 7, 2015

And its HOOORAAH again!!

  I was selected (again), and am pending scroll (for future applicants if you have any waivers for age/medical/ect this is the time they will clear your waivers).  If history is any indicator everyone is off on vacation by the end of this week therefore scroll won't be done till the first week in January.  I was contacted by the assignment coordinator (he is the one that cuts the orders and schedules our Temporary Duty Station (TDY) at Ft. Sam Houston for BOLC training. along with our follow on orders for Permanent Change of Station (PCS).  I am in a unique position where I know the location of my PCS move already so I can avoid the stress of not knowing where I will be stationed.  This allows me to get a head start on learning about the housing rates in the area along with what my BAH will be.
        In the meantime I put together a 3 month workout plan in hopes of getting a 300+ on my APFT test... While attend grad school I made extra money personal training (certification helped increase pay, and allowed me to avoid ramen noodles) so designed a training program focusing on increasing speed and endurance (for the 2 mile run), and working on overall strength with lifts and Plyo exercises that will help with the push-up and sit up tests.  I always throw in some flexibility just for injury prevention...  we will see how it goes, not a big fan of running, never mind running in the winter... but got to suck it up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment